Non-binary and gender diverse people are a marginalised community that so often need a space to feel safe and welcome, or someone to talk to. I hope these resources help. You are not alone and we love you for who you are.
If you’d like to see a resource added, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- QLife – 1800 184 527 – QLife is Australia’s first nationally-oriented counselling and referral service for LGBTI people. Their counselling services are available 7 days a week, 365 days a year between the hours of 3pm-12am Australia-wide. Mental health and referral information is available via their website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Open Doors – Supporting LGBTQIAP+ youth and their families.
- beyondblue LGBTQIA+ resources for help with anxiety and depression. You can call them on 1300 224 636 or contact their online chat, email or forums.
- Minus18 – Support for LGBTQIA+ young people.
- Pink Advocate – Australia’s freshest LGBTIQA+ news magazine
- Them.us – the best of what’s queer. Topics through the lens of today’s LGBTQ community.
- Gender Reveal Podcast – a podcast featuring nonbinary, trans, and queer folks. Plus there’s the Gender Reveal Podcast Slack aka Gender Detectives, which is a cool supportive place to hang out.
- Finch – Your new self care best friend.
- #selfcare app by Tru Luv. Stay at home for the day surrounded by your favourite sacred things.
- A Quick and Easy Guide to They/Them Pronouns by Archie Bongiovanni and Tristin Jimerson. This book is a great one to hand to those who just can’t get your pronouns right. And it has a very affirming section for enby folks about how we’re valid and worthy of respect.